Russian codepage convertor version 3.11
(c)w_re rusconv v.3.11
IT IS LIKELY:
- Distributed free with commented sources.
- Versions for DOS, WINDOWS and UNIX.
- Works with encodings: alternative (DOS, cp866), KOI-8
(UNIX), windows (cp1251), macintosh
and latinica (russian text spelled latin letters).
- Converts files between DOS/windows and UNIX text file formats.
- Files can be converted to several encodings simultaneously.
- Any number of files can be converted simultaneously.
- Long file names and local network files support.
- For most often tasks - converting general russian text from
DOS to UNIX, from Windows to UNIX and back - it is enough
only one flag.
- Distributed with utility, which recognizes file encoding.
- Easy to use in command scripts.
IN NEXT VERSIONS:
- Graphic user interface.
- Smart HTML-files converting.
Here you can put suggestions, wishes, comments on rusconv.
Program distributed free, but register to
- inspire us on new version
- get updates and new versions.
- get information about new utilities.
- Author can be contacted by E-MAIL
- You can free redistribute rusconv and whatrus under condition
that you don't change archives (rscnv311.zip,
rusconv.3.11.zip or rusconv.3.11.tar.gz).
It is good idea to inform us
about it. If you make moneys on distributing, it will be very likely
if you will send us some of them.
- Rusconv and whatrus sources can be used in your projects,
but you should not create you own versions of rusconv and
- It is no guarantee that rusconv and whatrus always work
properly, can't damage information, free from viruses.
Document created by Oleg A. Paraschenko
Last changes - 15 November 1998